Cornucopia Community, Resources for Yavapai County
Beginning in 2016, the amount of this credit is $800 for married taxpayers filing jointly. For a single taxpayers or heads of household the maximum credit is $400.
In order to take advantage of this opportunity to direct your tax dollars
• Give up to $800 ($400 if single/head of household) to a qualifying 501(c)(3)
organization of your choice
• Ensure the organization has your name, address & telephone number for
a written receipt of your gift for tax records
• Complete on your Arizona return and claim the credit
What qualifies a charity for the Tax Credit?
A qualifying charity is one that is exempt from federal income tax under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). The charity must be qualified and designated by the Arizona Department of Revenue.
Note: A credit is possible only if you have a Arizona income tax obligation and if the credit claimed is less than your Arizona tax obligation. If the credit claimed is more than your current year Arizona tax obligation, the unused credit may be carried forward up to 5 years.
Qualifying donations may also be made through “umbrella” organizations (e.g. United Way) provided you designate that your donation be given to a qualifying 501(c)(3) charity.
Cornucopia Community Affiliates work together with additional CCA direct service programs to assist over 24 tax-exempt public charities serving thousands of people who share a common interest—improving the quality of life in their area of community service.
Cornucopia Services for the Community
- Create and maintain an online community resource directory
- Create community collaborations
- Build community resources where gaps exist
- Conduct community and agency needs and asset assessments
- Perform formal studies of community problems
- Conduct program evaluations